Life has been hurtling along at breakneck speed lately. I subscribe to all this slowing down business but then I burst into Type A anxiety that I'm not 'getting enough done'. I have a strong desire to wring everything possible out of each day.
| Some tomato relish I made. It needed a LOT more tomatoes than I'd anticipated so won't attempt this again until I have considerably more. |
Jamie and I have written a proposal for church about how to do outreach with 15-20 age group in our town. It will require an initial outlay of about £200. So, it went before the leadership team and they did not approve it. 'Why?' was the question asked, so now Jamie and I have to meet the team and explain the 'vision' for the project and why it needs money. {sigh} The vision is that we'd have some people aged 15-20 in our church, coming to Christ. This is the only demographic which the church does nothing for at the moment.
| Checking out resources for English |
I've also announced locally that I'll be teaching a group of kids the Cambridge (CIE) board English IGCSE from September. I've had interest from 5 parents so far. I need 6-7 really to go ahead. The trouble is that most parents believe that they can handle English themselves. It's seen as an 'easy' subject. I'm not so sure about that, myself. Even I, a qualified and experienced English teacher and examiner, felt the need to use a correspondence course last year, but part of that was because Jack was not taking instruction from me very well, any more, at that point.
We'll see if this group goes ahead in September. I really hope so.
| Amazing Grace, a rose that a friend gave me on my Baptism Day. |
Grace has been approved to receive some social care help next academic year to help her with independence skills. I'm not sure what her Care Manager thinks can be achieved with this that neither Jamie and I or college were able to, but we're pleased that it is going to be conducted under the supervision of an occupational therapist. She'll also get a budget for respite care for us, but she does not have to use it to go into a 'respite house' which would be totally inappropriate for her. We can use it to pay someone (possibly even someone we already know) to take her out and about for the evening, possibly into Oxford to the Aspie social group that meets there. That would indeed give Jamie and I an evening alone, if we can kick Jack out somewhere (not hard) every now and then.
| Some of Jack's summer reading. He's hoping to sound a little knowledgeable when he goes for his university interviews. |
3 comments:
Hear you on the breakneck speed. Does seem to go that way doesn't it?
Glad you've got the day at home - enjoy it :)
I'm having tests (all my biosibs are) for heart stuff after my brother died last year. So far everything's o.k.
We're having an at-home rain day today! No one wants to get out to do any errands or activities in this kind of weather :(
tomato relish? What does one use this on? Toast? a sandwich? ???
Post a Comment