This is what's happening in my garden this week. Lettuce leaves ready to pick for sandwiches. Time to sow another pot full.
 |
| Lettuce leaves |
Our first strawberries were enjoyed by a family of blackbirds. They are now netted.
 |
| Netted strawbs |
Thankfully, they've not discovered the raspberries. From a single plant, now taking over a little section of the garden, this was probably my best ever garden buy. They fruit from June until November and delicious they are too.
 |
| First Rasp |
I've got a few courgettes plants this year. Only had one last year and it never actually produced any fruit, just flowers. I'm covering my bases this year.
 |
| tiny baby yellow courgettes |
These pink things flower like weeds all over our estate. Not sure what they are, but they are prolific flowerers.
 |
| The flower border, overrun by these pink invaders |
We have a very old philadelphus which is I find tricky to prune at the right time of year, in order to ensure it flowers again the next year. It needs dramatic pruning this year. I hope I don't kill it.
 |
| Philadelphus flowering at last |
Our dark plot on the side of the house is planted up with lettuces, chard and peas. It's all a bit of an experiment. Our neighbour, a retired farmer, shook his head and told us nothing would grow there. We're hoping to prove him wrong. If these don't work, then we'll try something else.
 |
| Dark border planted with veg and protected from Tessie |
What's this? It's my lad. I was trying to take a passport style photo for a Young Person's Railcard. But it failed. Too much colour in the background.
 |
| My boy |
He's off to
LST today for a day's teaching on The Prophets. Yes, that's his own choice! He had to switch work around to fit it in and worked on one of his precious days off yesterday in order to do that. Then he went straight on to one of the youth groups he volunteers at, to lead worship. He really is following the Lord and I'm very proud of him.
What is happening in your garden at the moment? Link to a blog post in the comments, if you like.
7 comments:
I'm quite jealous of the garden, but not enough to actually do anything about it! LOL!
My garden is sprouting rusty cars....
- we live in a biggish house but the land was sold off for building (before we bought it!) so we have 100 starter homes in what was our back garden and 2 larger ones in what was the front. So what we have left is a strip aound the house and car parking. In that is our minibus, my car, and ds3's car he wrecked in a terrible crash a few weeks ago (on the way to church! - although it is evidence of God's providence - when you see the car no one can believe he got out alive, let alone with only scratches. Then there is the old estate car he is now trying to get back on the road instead of the poor old mini... lots of tools and a few hardy shrubs, and weeds!
Definitely should be proud of Jack, I think that's fab :).
So glad you shared updated pics of all your garden areas. LOVE those pink flowers, whatever they are :)
Thanks, Ladies.
Julie, do you have enough exitement in your life? LOL!
Your garden is looking good!
Nice looking garden! Since the heavy rains these past few days, our garden has suddenly burgeoned with cucumber vines. I see some flowering, so cucumbers are coming soon. Our strawberries are not growing well(?). Maybe they'll begin now that the days are longer and hotter. I need to Google this.
The slugs are active - big brown spotted ones. I like to turn on the outdoor light after dark and watch an army of them make their way from the gravel to the grass and garden. I should kill them, but they are kind of lovely looking. I need to get out our snail repellent granules to place around the veggies.
Post a Comment